Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Office

Ive spent the last couple days meeting with the staff around the office meeting and reading workbooks and old reports trying to get an understanding of exactly what the institute does.  So far I’ve spent all my time in the office, but most of the interactive work is done outside of the office.  

I arrived here in between workshops, and im grateful that I have, because this is allowing me to better build a context of what the heck is getting ready to happen.  I will spend plenty of time out the office in the community in the coming days and weeks. Next weekend I will be traveling to a near by area called Constantia all weekend, with other staff to participate in my first healing of memories workshop that they will be leading and facilitating 

I thought itd be a good idea to have a pre workshop blog post to get out all of my, um, thoughts.  I just got finished watching a dvd that the institute has put together on what happens at these workshops.  And was quite moving and emotional, which is perfect cuz I’m an emotional kinda guy J  But it is a two day intensive process, filled with meetings, small groups and other activities.  Everyone who participates sleeps, eats and immerses themselves in the process.  I am very much looking forward to what is in stored.  Until then here are some photos from around the office J  









 Oh and also I tried my hand at cooking in my apartment last night.  Just some sausage or as it is called here Vors, and bread.  Not much, but seeing as it was the first time  I cooked here I thought it was worth mentioning J



No comments:

Post a Comment