Saturday, July 20, 2013

Thank God its Saturday!


Today (Saturday) is a day off, perfect time to sleep in and catch up on some much needed rest! Once I rolled out of bed I was invited to lunch with Stephen and Cameron to Nomhamhase house who is the school grandma.  Had another wonderful meal of chicken, potato’s, yams, and mqosh, which is a bean mixture that is paste like in texture (extremely good).   

After lunch I had my first (and last (because I’m a pro)) driving lesson.  Nailed driving a stick on the opposite side of the car and driving on the opposite side of the road.  It was almost a perfect experience; I once stalled on a hill with a car behind me but that was fine because the driver behind grew impatient (rather quickly) and drove around me. Also did some guided exploration and saw some more of the beauty that is Grahamstown.

Tonight for dinner we were invited to Matt Kellen’s house.  He is a former Yascer who met the love of his life Zinzile here in South Africa and now lives here in Grahamstown permanently.  Its been nice for me to tag along as Cameron and Stephen say their goodbyes, not only am I being fed:), but I am meeting tons of people who are apart of both the school community and who live out in town.

Tomorrow is church at the monastery, apparently a lot of people from town come over.  #Veryexcited (bet you didn't expect to see a hash tag in a blog post:) 

Ok well until next time...








No comments:

Post a Comment