Friday, May 10, 2013

A Series of Dreams...


Last night I had a very interesting dream adventure.

It started with a nightmare. I had an average size ninja sword and I had to battle famous horror characters (Jason, Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger) and other monsters. The sequence played out in a way that was reminiscent of an 80’s horror movie. I would sprint away as fast as I could and yet the bad guys would manage to keep up with me in a casual walk or would somehow manage to pop out from around the next corner.  I would be in a dark house and one of them would ominously walk behind me. Continuing, I battled and battled and was afraid. So much so that I bolted awake. I woke up soaked in a cold sweat and remained awake for the next 15 minutes or so frightened. 

I fall back asleep. This dream was very hazy, more of being in an emotional dream state than a visual one. I had a feeling of deep warmth and enveloped in light and brightness almost like a warm blanket.  And right before I woke from this dream, I heard a prayer.  The voice was very angelic but didn’t sound like a man or a woman, but just was. The light didn’t change or form into anything, it remained tightly snuggle around me. This light was just emitting positive and warm feeling and the words of the prayer were coming from out of the light.  I cant remember the whole prayer, the only words that stuck were “In the peace of..”   And then I woke up.  

I stayed awake for a few minutes, and then fell back asleep. I cant remember any of this last dream except that what ever was happening I woke myself up laughing heavily.  I woke up laughing and happy; please understand, by this time it’s four in the morning. But I was there awake smiling in my bed and just felt happy and content. 

I normally don’t have dreams this vivid or remember so many of them. But I thought they really painted a beautiful picture in my mind. A story of battle and struggle and fear, to the point of when I woke up I was physically sweating. But then I was taken to a place hope, joy and laughter and warmth.  These dreams really made today a positive day and I found myself going back and trying to recover those feelings. I think somewhere in my brain there is a place where I store up good emotions and feelings that I can call upon to recharge me, like a superpower.

Well, that’s it. Thanks for reading about my adventures last night through dreamland.

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful dreams and this is a beautiful blog, Maurice... I have faith and hope that you are off to a beautiful adventure in mission. (: deep peace, friend.

    ReplyDelete