Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Missionaries and Education

Ive found out that God had a funny way of preparing me for this mission assignment.  I spent two years researching and writing my graduation capstone on the country of Belize.  The abstract of the paper is:

This capstone examines Belize and what has been the role of the Christian denominations in education formation and policy beginning in the late 17th century to the present day?


This paper, explores the processes that did happen and explains the interactions and development over time. To explore this question I look at the role that missionary groups played in administering education under British colonial rule. I also want to examine the extent to which the introduction of Christian missionaries creates and perpetuates inequalities in the education system and larger population?


If that snagged your interest you can find the rest of the paper via dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yh0071om0c39dwp/Dyer_capstone_Final%20.pdf

I dont think that i could have had chosen a better topic.  Who knew that something I learned in school would have a direct tie to something I'm doing in the real world!!!

GOD is GOOD

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read the rest of your paper! I am so excited for your adventures Maurice, look forward to receiving mail from me!

    ReplyDelete